Sunday, 17 August 2008

New Puppy

With the guidance of the spirit of my beautiful dog Milo, I was lead to the breeders of Maltaliers - Maltese x Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I made contact with the breeders ... who surprisingly only live about an hours drive away, and they said they were hoping for another litter later in the year. That was about six weeks ago.

When we returned from New Zealand, there was an email to say seven puppies had been born on 6 August 2008 and would I please let them know ASAP if I was still interested. I did, and since then I've seen a photo of these babies and have chosen a blenheim coloured male. I've paid the deposit and now we wait for the puppies to grow strong with their Mum.

We will collect our puppy on the morning of 28 September ... and to say I'm excited is an understatement. I keep wanting to buy things for our new baby. I've already bought six months of flea treatment, a new purple collar, toys, blankets for Milo's bed (which is still in good condition), a small purple hot water bottle, a harness that includes a seat belt connection ... nice and easy to keep your dog safe. Plus toys etc.

Next I plan to buy dry food and freeze chicken necks in single bags, so I can give my new baby one of those a day. Did I mention that I'm very excited.

At the moment I think his name will be Wilsyn ... or at least that's what my daughter and I want. My hubby isn't against this name, or totally for it, but now he's got to try and find another one ... or Wilsyn it will be! When we're sure of the name, I'll get a name tag made for his new collar.
I've also been to my vet and booked him in for Puppy School!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails