Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Lemon Tea Soap

My seventh batch of soap was my first play using cosmetic colours approved for use with soap. I recently bought some mica from here, they're also used in mineral makeup.

I decided to use two essential oils - Lemon and Tea Tree ... and the smell is divine.

I put three heaped scoops of grape pop mica, lemon pop mica and red oxide into three plastic cups. I mixed the red oxide with a little water to make sure there were no lumps ... and I should have mixed the mica with a little oil ... so have made a note to do that next time. At light trace I added unscented soap to each of these cups and mixed them well. Then poured each one into a sauce bottle.

Next I added the EO to the main soap and stick blended. Here's were things happened quicker than I expected and I let the soap get to thick trace ... instead of pouring in to the mould at medium trace.

I squirted a few lines of the three colours on the base and sides of the moulds and then gently poured the soap in.

The soap was too thick, so when I started to make 'flower' patterns, the lightly traced coloured soap appeared to 'roll' off the bumps on top of the heavy trace soap. At this point I decided to change the plan and to make lines and patterns with the three colours.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I don't like this looks, but the smell is divine!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Unmoulded logs
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Bars up close ... still don't like this look ... but am loving the smell!

1 comment:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Wow Kaz they look good enough to eat! Love the colours! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails